Kampala Post

Sign in to personalise your reading experience and help us tailor content to your interests.

© 2026 Kampala Post. Construction, not Destruction.

Designed & managed by Index Digital Ltd

Kampala Post
Home
+256 782 374 230

© 2026 Kampala Post. Construction, not Destruction.

Museveni Warns Crime Preventers Off COVID-19 Operations, Cases Reach 48

Kp Reporter·News·

Share
Museveni Warns Crime Preventers Off COVID-19 Operations, Cases Reach 48

President Yoweri Museveni on Friday evening cautioned errant LDUs and warned crime preventers against involving in implementing his directives on COVID-19...

President Yoweri Museveni on Friday evening cautioned errant LDUs and warned crime preventers against involving in implementing his directives on COVID-19 since they aren't part of the security forces implementing the measures.

This comes after 3 more Ugandans tested positive for the disease bringing the total number to 48 cases.

“Two of these came from Dubai in the United Arab Emirates and were in quarantine, and one came from the United States of America,” Museveni said.

So far, the Ministry of Health has carried out tests on 2,204 samples and only 48 have tested positive. In his address, Museveni warned crime preventers against deploying themselves during this lockdown adding that this operation is not meant for them but rather the Police, Army and LDUs.

He also lashed out at reckless and errant LDUs who are now breaking into people's homes and looting them.

"I have heard that some [LDUs] are misbehaving and that they are breaking into people's homes. In curfew, you are supposed to look for people outside their homes not those in their houses," Museveni said.

He urged members of the public to report such cases to the State House Anti-corruption unit headed by Col Edith Nakalema.

Advertisement
Share
Advertisement
Advertisement